Sunday, September 20, 2009

Strawberry Sponge Cake

Recently, I've been haunted by anything pink, red, white, lace, raspberry, strawberry, cream, girly ...whatever..

So anyway, I had my mind set on making a strawberry sponge cake, and it was gonna look awesome...something like...THIS:


so I googled for a recipe...and set about making one !!


Baby in the oven


Yeah, I know, its lookin pretty gross huh? The red bits are squashed strawberries...swirled into the cake mix.


Trying to make the cream ! It took such a long time to thickened, I thought there was something wrong and started adding egg whites and more icing sugar?? hmm....anyway...it thickened in the end =)





I slathered cream all over the first cake, put a layer of strawberries, and then more cream, and put the second cake on the top...



Tried to make some kind of super awesome pattern with the strawberries on the top...but...failed...

and....




TADAH!!

Finally all done....

a SUPER AWESOME STRAWBERRY SPONGE!!!

A Slice View...


Well, to be honest, it didnt taste as super awesome as I wanted it to. The sponge was a little too dense...not light and fluffy and yummy.