Friday, August 14, 2009

Leichardt

After 10 years living in Sydney, I decided it was high time I went to the 'little Italy of Syney" , Leichardt! Well actually, that weekend was meant to have the Italian Festival, but when we arrived...lets just say it wasnt very festive... =(

The Italian Forum

So no festival! Dont ask me why...I have no idea! In fact, stopping at some random restaurant, we asked the waiter about it...and...he didnt know what we were talking about! wtf! but right in the middle of the street was a HUGE banner claiming the festival was meant to be on that weekend! hmmpphh! sorely disappointed!

Stopped for some lunch of smoked samon salad, pasta, pizza and wine...

Considering we were dining in 'little italy', we decided to order the only wine that actually came from Italy...and I think I can safely conclude that AUSTRALIAN WINES ARE SO MUCH BETTERRRRRRR!!!!

BABYCAKES!!





so small, easy to eat, looks delicious
BUT
is super oily and fattening!! The paperbag was soaked after only a few hours! Gross!