Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Fancy a bowl of coffee?

Had breakfast at Maitre Karl today. Finally got a chance to try it, after driving past it so many times, and seeing the tons of people inside!

Its a Cafe serving French / Euro cuisine ~ really really nice interior; with dark wood, wine glasses hanging from the bar, abstract painting hanging on the walls (that you can actually buy!)

Perfect family setting!! You can even bring dogs!!
*Not that this applies to me anymore since I no longer have Handsome Rob =(
But its still a really cute idea!! Even selling dog biscuits and something called 'dog parking' which I'm not sure what it involves!*


Highligh of the day was: MY BOWL OF COFFEE!!
Yep!! a BOWL of coffee! To be specific, thats a bowl of latte!
That's their largest size coffee that you can have, dining in!

It was so big...bigger than my face!!

Just picture me on the sidewalk, with messy hair and dirty clothes....and I'm a begger from China, drinking some poor soup!

But their coffee was SOOOOOOOOO good! The milk was good, the froth was good! and it didnt lose that texture throughout the meal! Somehow, their coffee beans are really unique...not sure what they use, but its got a sweet aromatic tang to it.
Other food we ordered:

*Egg Omelette with mushrooms and bread and tomato on the side*



*Scrambled eggs with bread*

The egg was also super nice!! I normally refrain from eating scrambled eggs etc in other cafes because they always make it really milky and buttery, so the texture is sloppy. And sometimes they're not cooked properly!! and it leaves that really gross *vomitty* taste in your mouth!!

BUT, the eggs at Maitre Karl were superb!! OMG! It tasted So good. Texture was JUST right! I regretted not ordering it! =(

What I ordered:


*Toasted banana bread with fromage blanc and toasted coconut*

When i saw this on the menu, I thought it was just some fancy schmancy way of saying banana bread. I mean, fromage blanc? (wtf??) Toasted coconut? (yea...for decoration!)

But the banana bread was actually really fancy schmancy! I mean that in a GOOD way!
The banana bread was toasted just right (crusty on the outside, soft on the inside)!! It turns out that fr0mage blanc is actually white cheese (I think I'm the only person to not know this!! tsk tsk) and the toasted coconut gave the banana bread a totally different texture! It was like...eating banana bread for the first time!!




Address:
Highh St
Willoughby
NSW 2068

This is officially my fav cafe~! ♥