Friday, October 31, 2008

UFO Catcher

aka - the devil incarnate -

Australia is such a slow moving country, in terms of everything: technology, movies, games, fashion trends, hair styles, brands etc. You name it, we dont have it. Yet. Australia's also one of the 'copycat' nations. Never one to start a trend, but always one to follow it.


*Clawing for Toys*

This is yet another phenomenon that Australia has been slow to catch up with. Already hugely popular in other countries such as Japan, in which there were MANY stores only containing these awesome machines, UFO catchers are slowing moving into Australia.


*In Kabucki-cho, TOKYO holding RILLAKUMA!*


*Total prizes from JAPAN*

Previously only available in video arcardes, now, Sydney finally has a whole spot dedicated to UFO catchers, with lots of claw machines in one central spot: CAPITOL SQUARE!

Its been around for a few months now, but its only recently that everyone seems to be completely crazed by it! I know that since I've been back from Japan, I've been completely obsessed by this money making machine!! - except now, I'm completely *KAPUT*-






*Not sure what characters they are, but SO completely cute! NAKED BABIES!*

However, I havent really been winning much! =(

Everytime I tell myself NOT to go there...I GO!!

and then I tell myself NOT to change any money...and then I DO!!
and I tell myself NOT to put any money into the machine...and then I DO THAT TOOO!!

but evil is too tempting sometimes...

one BIG difference between Japan and Australia is not only that Japan is more advanced in terms of trends and technology, but the people are SO much friendlier!! No matter which UFO-catcher store we went to, the staff were really nice, and willing to help, even without us asking them!! They automatically open the machine, and place the toy in a super awesome position and even tell us exactly where to grab so we can have the toy in one or two tries.

BUT, here in Australia, the staff are not helpful AT ALL! They are not very friendly, and when asked for help, they just grumpily open the machine, and they dont even put it in a good position! Hmmpphh!! Lost lots of money! Its worse than gambling!! Even so, managed to get a few triumphs...


*Mr Banana with a handphone and briefcase! THIS IS FOR YOU JESS, MY BANANA LOVER*



Another month has passed us by...
HAPPY HALLOWEEEEEEN, peeps!!

=)