Wednesday, March 4, 2009

My God, Godiva...

Was simply walking innocently around Le posh-and-too-expensive-for-me Starhill Gallery when lo a behold, before me was....


THE GODIVA CHOCOLATIER!!
Never even heard of Godiva having a Chocolatier Cafe, let alone seen it before!! and it was so exquisite!!

It wasnt just about the chocolate ~ the whole experience was exquisite!

ME *stares at cafe with jaw close to floor*
Waiter: "Would you like to take a seat ma'am?"
ME *jaw still hanging*
"This way please ma'am"
ME*in awe*

"Oh, ma'am, the chair is too heavy for you, let me get it for you, ma'am"
And then he literally proceeded to hold the chair back for me, and push it in under me as I sat down! You know, lots of waiters, even at any five-star fine dining restaurants, fail to do this sucessfully. But this waiter did it perfectly, with no awkward stumbles or whatever...
ME *jaw finally bangs hard on the floor*

ok...yea...I was so in awe! Looking at the menu, I had such trouble deciding what I wanted. Come ON! It was a chocolate cafe! everything looked delectible! But I totally caved in when I saw the truffle selection...!! Even then, I couldnt decide on which truffle to choose!!


*Rasberry Framboise and Hazelnut Praline Truffle*


SO SO good! Literally took me 10minutes of just looking, because I didnt want to ruin it!! =(
Also ordered their classic hot chocolate~

And it comes by means of a pot! A frigging pot of hot chocolate! WOOOO!!

"Let me pour it out for you ma'm"
Then he'll lift the pot, swirl it around beside me, filled me cup with warm milky creamy chocolate goodness, wipes the pot and places it back over the candle.

And he did that for all four cups!

When we finally finished, he presented us with more Godiva Chocolates...


COMPLIMENTARY chocolates!!

wtf? Never even knew that word was part of the Malaysian Dictionary!!

I've tried the Guylian Chocolate Cafe, the Lindt Chocolate Cafe, BUT this trumps them all!! Not only was the chocolate sosososooooo good, but the service was impeccable. I left feeling that I wasnt just eating chocolate, but I was eating the best of the best of all chocolates!!

ALL HAIL GODIVA! LONG LIVE GODIVA!! ~XD

Address:

Starhill Gallery
LG Level..?
(the level with Paris Hilton's new Bag collection is all I know!)